As most of you know, I've been traveling down to Los Angeles close to a year now to work at an Internet start-up company. I started to engage in part-time mode months before doing all the work remotely but then they needed to increase my hours just after I committed to volunteer for BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) as a Children Leader. So, I requested if flying down Wednesday through Friday (3 days/week) would work out and it was accepted. Even though this traveling schedule impacted every member of our family we felt this was where we needed to be and wanted to see where God was leading us toward.
Around January of 2008, my client requested whether I could be in LA Tuesday through Thursday to close the gap of being away Monday and Tuesday after the weekend. They understood that I had made a commitment to until May and I desired to fulfill my commitment and allowed that I fly down Monday and then return for Tuesday (to teach BSF on Tuesday night) and the fly back to LA for Wednesday & Thursday.
It was a bit hectic but by the grace of God I completed the BSF year and knew quite well that we as a family needed to make a plan during the summer to bring the family together and stop this "split" mode before the next school year. With the encouragement of BSF's Children Ministry Supervisor who told me he was praying that my company would move up to the Bay Area, our family began to ask God He would move indeed move the company up so that I may return to Menlo Park BSF this fall. The rest was in God's own timing.
As usual on one of the early mornings before the sun smiled into the Bay Area, I drive into the usual park-n-fly lot and hopped into the shuttle headed to SJC airport. Unlike the usual radio station I hear, I noticed some familiar tunes and soon realized it was K-LOVE (Christian station). Hey, that's a pretty cool! Afterwards being dropped off by Southwest Airline at LAX airport I got on another shuttle headed to the rental place and noticed a sign up front that put a smile on my face which read, "Your driver's name is: Jesus." :-)
The next day at our company managers' offsite meeting, I found out that the management is considering to move the company up to the Bay Area in order to better fit into the niche market we're in. Nothing's confirmed so at this point, it was a sign to pray harder!
Well, about a month or so later, the decision was reached to relocate the company up to the Silicon Valley, Bay Area. So the prayer must not cease at this point until the movers pick up our stuff from LA but according to the plan we should be relocated by October 2008 latest.
What's bottomline? Just be careful of what you ask from God because He may just grant it to reality. On the other hand, don't expect much from God if you do not ask for anything (James 4:2).
No comments:
Post a Comment